Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Would purple and gold eyeshadow work for green eyes?

would it? or if not can you give me some colors or combinations that makes green eyes seriously pop. my skin is light and i have brown reddish hair. Would purple and gold eyeshadow work for green eyes?
OMG! We could be like sisters! Anyways, I like to wear a violet eyeliner along my top lash line and at the outer corner of my lower lash line. Then I add a highlighting color like a shimmery gold, white, or pink, but very subtly. That goes over the entire upper lid to the brow and very lightly under the lower lash line. Then I go over the lid from lash line to crease with a darker color - green, purple, or chestnut brown usually. Next I go to the same line as the eyeliner and to the outer corner of my eye, as well as, along the crease in dark purple or chocolate brown. My green eyes pop like emeralds when I do this.Would purple and gold eyeshadow work for green eyes?
You sound like me! I have green eyes, fair skin, and dark reddish brown hair.





I've read in magazines that purple is good with green eyes but I always keep my make up really subtle and toned down. I feel like, because I'm pale, if I put too much color on my skin i'll end up looking like a circus clown.





I always wear gold colors, that's my favorite. Also a peachy color works too. Browns are good for darker combinations and greens are good. With the gold and purple combination, i would put gold on the lid closest to the eyes and put the purple on the outer corners. Teal, aqua colors look pretty as well and also go good with gold. Also silvers work.
Eggplant and plum are great colours to make green eyes stand out if you have cool colouring...light brown hair, Ash brown or blonde hair .





But, as I believe with reddish brown hair, you are probably a warm colouring, then I would have to tell you to give this combination a try....





1. A skin toned shadow all over your lid from lash to brow;


2. A bronze/warm brown shadow in the crease of the lid (compliments your hair and is opposite to your eyes;


3. A Moss Green or Jade coloured shadow (something that echoes your eye colour) as the colour to apply on the outside of the lid in the outer corner...





4. Finish with a Deep olive or jade liner, this will accent your hair colouring, and match your eyes.





Brown mascara not black (it is too heavy for anyone but a deep coloured person) to finish all combination.





Mel






YES! That would look great! I love to use gold on my brow bone just below my eyebrows, purple as the base on my eye lid, and then just a tiny bit of dark green going in between the gold and purple.





Here's what a different website said for green eyes:





';warm colors like deep purples, plums, mauves, lilacs, golds, bronzes, deep greens, coppers, browns, medium pinks, peaches, and apricots are all excellent choices for green eyes';
well purple would be OK. but no gold. try putting dark colurs on. (blue, black, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color