Thursday, June 24, 2010

What eyeshadow would you recommend for green eyes?

And how would you apply it? I've been told to wear purples, but so many purples are to light and pinkish, and I already have very pale, rosy skin, and I turn bright red or pink when embarrassed etc. and I don't want it to make me look MORE pink you know? I don't even wear blush for that reason. lol.What eyeshadow would you recommend for green eyes?
haha, i get exactly what your saying. i too am a green eyed girl. and i have gone to so many make up counters looking for the right colours and advice. i finally found some at MAC that are just INCREDIBLE. :P i had someone helping me, and i have a little bit of navy blue in mine too. so heres what i found





purples ( not to pinky, very pretty and can be worn in many diff. ways. i'll put beside them how to apply.)





*Idol Eyes, Parfait Amour, Digit, Purple Haze ( because they're pale, i like to use it on the eyelids, then to define my eyes some more i blend a black or a dark brown in my crease without letting it show about the crease to much.





Browns ( more on the coppery/ gold side because these colors bring out the blue and green in eyes)





*Amber lights, Honey Lust, Bronze, Honesty, Paradisco ( the darker colours can be worn on the lid for a bold look or in the crease as a way to define the eyes. the pales are worn on the lid and depending on the look your going for as a brow bone colour ( i would recomend tho :P )





good luck! feel free to email me if you have anymore questions about make up for green eyes :DWhat eyeshadow would you recommend for green eyes?
Okay I have green eyes and I have tried every color imaginable. I can however wear purples but my favorite color to wear is a copper color from covergirl. it's called ';mink.';





http://www.covergirl.ca/en_ca/products/p…





Also there are sort of ';olive/lime'; greens that you could wear. Make sure they have a little shine because the flat colors would make you more pale.
Try a brown/purple combination.


Something like this would be nice:


http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PElHkXoBL_8/Sd…


(By the way, I know what you mean with the turning bright red thing... Lol)
Browns, greens, deep purples, maybe some bright or dark blues, golds would be pretty as well. As the above person said, pearly and whites are very pretty too.


I suggest just applying a neutral shimmer color on the lid and then applying on of your colored shadows in the crease. Then on the brow bone add a highlighter color. Really I think you should just buy a few colors that suite your skin and play around with them before. I also have fair skin and turn very red/pink when I get embarrassed. So occasionally I wear a lot of powder...which isn't good and doesn't help. Sometimes I use this green powder stuff that supposedly makes red neutral. Hopefully I helped a bit!
Anything red-tinted will really make your green eyes pop! If it has red or gold sparkles, that's a sign it'll be good for you.





Here's some good colors in one of the best eyeshadows I know:





http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/Eye…





the best ones for you would prob be....Crash, Kiss, Last Call, Sellout, Roach, Shotgun, and Twice Baked. Any of those would be great.





Also, consider purple mascara. It's pretty subtle, but it makes green eyes stand out magnificently.
Well the purple idea can work.Try wetting the brush/applicator before you put it on. You can try Matte colors too. It sounds like you don't like shimmers. Also have you ever thought of using a bronzer? I love physician's formula! It may look really dark in the container but if you use a brush and put it on your cheek bones and your T-zone it looks great! (I avoid blush for the same reason) For more makeup looks and color ideas Youtube is awesome!! My new fave is MakeupGeekTV on Youtube. You won't be disappointed!! Good luck :)
Red based browns, coppers, orange-y colors, maroons, purples. Any thing that has a slight red shade to it, so choose a more red toned brown, versus a gray toned brown, you know what I mean? Also, for purples, use darker shades, like plums and eggplants.





Here are a couple awesome videos with step by step guidance-


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_LpuB1Zs6c - Very helpful series she did - I suggest this video, she talks about the different eye colors, so be sure to listen for green! =)





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhRoD8Qtj3o - even though this was from prom, some of those colors are great for green eyes.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zArDfmCfG8g%26amp;feature=channel_page - you can always tone this look down, just make it your own.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNVBjLto15c%26amp;feature=channel_page





You tube is a great place for makeup tutorials, I've learned so much, so just look in the related videos side bar, and kind of look around for makeup you are comfortable wearing. And like I said, you can always tone things down by altering steps, or using colors you think might look better. =)
The Purple you should wear is plum


Champagne gold for brow bone highlight


gray green will make your eyes smoky


hazel %26amp; gray brown are your natural colours for a day look


navy blue, turquoise green and brown black for eyeliner





Black mascara will finish the look





Watermelon red /strawberry red lip colour will suit you very well


Berry colours if you want to go darker
I have more brown green eyes.


But don't use any dark colors. It really makes the eyes look brown. Use white or light colors and just put it under the crease. I don't like my look very overdone so I only use one color. I guess if you wanted you could do more.





I also use black mascara and eyeliner (:


Answer mine?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqnIlcgeMcGOcAS9Bo_1_brsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090715212336AAnJiOL
not so much purples, as plums! and Yes, there is a difference!! You can do a smokey look, with plums , creating a darker shade at the outside. Do not use pinks, or pastel plums, try using warmer colors, trust me, it will make your eyes pop!!
You can wear Purples, plums, browns, gold, apricot, khaki.


They best way to apply you eyeshadow depends on the shape of your eyes. You can find many articles by googling make up for your eye shape and colour.
Wear white pearly colors or golden colors on your eyes. My friend is pale and rosy with green eyes too! Shes beaautiful lol, and she lets me do her makeup %26amp; white shimmery eyeshadow with mascara looks greaat :D





Good Luck !
my eyes are green and I wear black or midnight blue and I wear it on the inside of my eye lines.
Gold, shimmery browns, bronzes - it'd look really pretty!
gold, brown, raisin, copper
purples
Different shades of green, purple and brown.
lightbrown or gold?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color